Baby Davis on the Way!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

September 5, 2009

T Zone

For the past two weeks, we have been covering hygiene and healthy habits in science at school. To reinforce handwashing and germs we did a fun project using glitter this week. The glitter represented germs. The kids wet their hands and then dipped them into plastic bowls labeled things like "your dog", "the keyboard", "your desk". They they used a sponge to get the germs off. Of course, they all didn't come off and then they had to practice proper handwashing. In addition to the lesson I discussed not touching your T-Zone (eyes, nose, mouth) to prevent the spread of germs and illness. I even modeled what happens if there are germs on you hands and you touch the T Zone ( I went to car rider duty with glitter still sticking to my face).

The reason I explain all of this is because I wanted to share something that has been cracking me up in my room. I have a habit of using the attention getting technique "if you can hear me touch your head, if you can hear me touch your shoulders... (ears, nose, cheek, stomach). The kids stop to follow directions, stop talking and look at me. I guess the kids really got the T Zone lesson because ever since I taught it, If I happen to say "if you can hear me touch your nose" they all scream T ZONE!! It is just a habit for me to use this attention getting technique since I have the past two years, but I may have to make a change! It cracks me up- but makes me happy they understood the lesson!

0 comments: