Baby Davis on the Way!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

May 30, 2007

Catch Up

So what have I been up to you ask? Not a whole lot!
I have just been cleaning things up and trying to get ready for my first school year. I am so excited!! Today I was reading one of my books about the first days of school I had packed away and came across in all the cleaning/organizing. Now I am feeling NERVOUS! There are so many things you don't think about and there is no way you can be totally prepared for your first year, let alone your first day as a teacher. I have just got to remember to take things one thing at a time, and be positive. (Do I sound like mom?) Oh and the cardinal rule of teaching- be flexible!
Tomorrow I have my first official workshop for professional development. I am excited. I know probably six months from now I will be dreading going to one of these, but for right now it is my first time doing one of these and I am really excited. Take that back- probably by Friday afternoon I will be wondering why I was excited- since it is a 2 day workshop. I have been told the after school ones drag on, so to sit in probably a library for two days straight and listen to someone talk to me about phonics- yeah we'll see how I feel Friday! But for now it is my time to "get out of the house" and learn something about what I will be doing next year.
I wanted to post a few pictures from the past few weeks.

This is what I see on a daily basis now... lazy dog and crazy dad- he can't lay down to rest without Taco laying on him. It's funny!

We watched Jayden a few weekends back for the afternoon- we had fun with him all to ourselves! Here is another Koolaid smile!

He sure does love his Uncle Justin. He was fighting a nap at this point!

Oh and this is the year for graduations! We had mine, and 2 of Justin's cousins graduated as well as Miss Kenzie. She graduated from Kindergarten and we be moving on to 1st grade next year. I think it is cool that I start teaching 1st grade when she is entering it. Now I will always remember when I started teaching. I think I am going to try some methods out on her this summer- just kidding!

This girl knows how to strike a pose!

That is about it. Justin is working harder than ever. He is still enjoying his job, and has lots of opportunites for overtime and takes them. I just worry he will wear himself out, but I know he is just happy to be working and making some money. T minus 6 weeks til we move- I know he cannot wait to not have that long boring commute everyday. OHHH and in a few weeks we will have visitors here in EB! I can't wait to see Dee, Toby, Shelby, Ann and Ryan! We are gonna have so much fun! Happy Summer!

0 comments: