We had the best weekend! After tossing around the pros and cons we decided to come home this weekend for our Easter. We were able to stay a little longer by going this weekend, plus Jeromy and Kristen had Mackenzie. I rationalized not seeing Garrett and Lance by knowing I will see them at the end of the month when the Reeves are home. We drove home when I got off work on Friday (at 730) and surprised Missy. Everyone else knew we were coming in besides her. She said she had a hunch, but since we weren't there by 9 she figured we weren't coming and went to bed. So when we got there we snuck in her room and scared her! She was surprised then! We stayed up then late having a good chat with Justin's dad. We slept in on Saturday morning, and got up around 11 to donuts Justin's dad had brought by for us. We slowly took showers and got dressed and by that time Jeromy, Kristen and Kenzie showed up. Kristen is due on October 17 so she is just starting to show- she is so cute! They have picked out the names of Jayden Dean for a boy, and Briar Faith for a girl. Kenzie thinks Briar is a boys name and her and Kristen go back and forth on that one-it is hilarous! Kenzie was so excited to see us! She saw Daisy first, and was jumping around and then she realized if Daisy was there so was Yaya and Susie. She ran over to us and gave us huge hugs. We spent the afternoon unpacking groceries for Missy, and helping her put together Easter supper. Kristen and I helped. She managed to cut her finger and I sliced off a piece of my fingernail with the potato peeler- we aren't so good in the kitchen. We spent some time outside since it was so nice, swinging and blowing bubbles and we watched one of Kenzie's movies. I also showed off all the family blogs to Kristen and Missy. Kristen wants to do one too. By the way Amanda- Missy loved the layout you did of Kenzie- they are going to get it printed out at Kinkos. Mom and Dad came out to Lissie at 6 and all of us had dinner together. It was so good! And so much fun! Jeromy wasn't feeling good so he laid down, but the other men ended up staying outside and talking about hunting, and us girls stayed inside and dyed Easter eggs- it felt like old times. We all ended up outside cause it was such as nice evening. We blew some more bubbles, even mom was blowing them and Kenzie would blow big ones and she kept saying Robert- blow it- keep it high- it was so cute! Dad would too! Mom and dad stayed until about 930- it was so nice to see mom and dad get to kick back and relax- outside the house- specifically dad. After they left so did Jeromy, Kristen and Kenzie, Missy went to bed and I thought that was where we were headed too. But Justin had other ideas. Butch, Justin and me ended up playing Texas Hold Em - it was fun. I ended up going out at about 1145 but they were up until 130- Butch finally won! This morning we got up and went to Jeromy and Kristen's. We hung the curtains in Kenzies room ( she has a pink and green polka dot room), and the Easter Bunny came! She got all her goodies in a basket, and then we went on a hunt for the eggs! Hey guys- I think we got jipped - her easter bunny gave her money! 7 dollars in all and a bunch of lottery tickets. We hung out for a little bit longer and Justin and I had to get on the road- he had to work today unfortunatly. Before leaving East Bernard, we stopped at Los Amigos to get some authintic Mexican food! Yum. We ended up getting home around 430- but we just had the best weekend. Now we just gotta get some sleep- we are tired!
April 9, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you had a good weekend. So sad I won't see you next week.
We had a great weekend too. We had a good time with you'll Saturday and then Sunday I got to see Kinzie's room. It is so cute.
That was a boomer---Grays Anatomy a repeat!
Post a Comment